- Traveling fellowship for Clinical Training at European HIPEC centres
- Clinical training at one of the established ISPSM HIPEC centre in India:
- Observation and Direct participation in the execution of Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC procedures from aenesthesia induction to patient leaving the operating room
- Participation and attendance to ad hoc multidisciplinary conferences for presentation, discussion patient selection and therapeutic decision-making
- Presence in in-hospital postoperative follow up
The 1st International PIPAC onsite training workshop
The 1st International PIPAC onsite training workshop and course was organized by International Society for study of Pleura and Peritoneum (ISSPP) in association with Indian Society of Peritoneal Surface Malignancies (ISPSM) at Manipal Comprehensive Cancer Center, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore on 13th & 14th March 2021. 35 delegates from all over India attended the workshop.
The workshop was organised by the course Director Prof. Dr.Somashekhar S.P. Didactic and interactive lectures were given by eminent international faculty Prof.Martin Hubner, Laussane, Switzerland and Prof. Dr.Jimmy So, NHUS, Singapore and national faculty Prof Dr.SVS Deo, AIIMS, New Delhi. Dry Lab presentation followed by PIPAC surgical demonstration was performed by Prof. Dr. Somashekhar S.P., Dr.Shabber S. Zaveri , Dr.Ashwin K.R.
The candidates received ISSPP certification to perform PIPAC.